This multi-purpose topical solution contains 10% Povidone Iodine USP, 1% available Iodine, for broad-spectrum germicidal action. Povidone Iodine Prep Solution is appropriate for pre-surgical patient preparation (as a paint, wet soak or spray) disinfection of wounds and burns and emergency antiseptic treatment of lacerations and abrasions. It also acts as a prophylactic anti-infective agent in hospital and office procedures, providing protection against possible post-operative infection of incisions. Povidone Iodine Prep Solution is virtually non-irritating to skin, wounds and mucous membranes and is virtually non-staining to skin and natural fabrics.
Povidone Iodine Prep Solution has been found to kill bacteria (including antibiotic resistant), fungi, viruses, protozoa and yeast. A golden brown film formed by the solution when allowed to air dry, delineates the treated areas.
* Preparation of skin and mucous membranes prior to surgery
* Site prep for injections, IV placement or blood collections
* Microbicide of choice for disinfection of wounds
* Emergency antiseptic treatment of lacerations and abrasions
* A prophylactic anti-infective agent in hospital and office procedures
* Post-operative application to incisions to protect against possible infections
* Microbicidal, not merely bacteriostatic
* Broad spectrum antimicrobial
* Virtually non-irritating and non-stinging to skin, wounds and mucosa