Allevyn Adhesive provides the advantages of Allevyn hydrocellular dressings in a self adhesive format for simple and effective fixation.
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction with micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Full range of sizes
Convenient adhesive presentation
The wound contact layer of Allevyn Adhesive is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive has a proven low risk of skin irritation.
In-vitro studies and clinical experience both demonstrate that as healing progresses Allevyn Adhesive dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing
The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows healing to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes.
Promotes early healing
Allevyn Adhesive allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation and promoting rapid and trouble-free healing.
Profiled dressing edges
Allevyn Adhesive has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by shear between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
The outer polyurethane layer of Allevyn Adhesive prevents strike-through of excess exudate from the dressing, and minimises the chances of cross-contamination and wound infection, therefore enhancing patient comfort and reducing healthcare costs. It also allows the amount of fluid in the dressing to be monitored.
Allevyn Adhesive dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
For example; pressure ulcers
Image shown is for the 3" x 3" box BUT this product is 5" x 5"