INTENSE, MOIST HEAT FOR FASTER RELIEF!
For years, the Thermophore brand has been known as the ultimate in convenient, fast, and extremely effective moist heat therapy for the pain of arthritis, bursitis, fibromyalgia, muscle spasm, back, neck or sinus pain - even TMJ. Battle Creek Equipment has added a welcome dimension to the line with the new Thermophore Arthritis Pad which features all the quality you have come to expect, plus the added convenience of a pre-set control to leave your hands free. All you need to do is press it "on" and relax for a 20-minute therapy cycle.
The application of moist heat - often called a fomentation treatment -is a commonly prescribed therapy in medical practice today. The body responds to moist heat by dilating the blood vessels, increasing the blood flow to the area under treatment. This increased circulation speeds recovery by bringing in fresh blood cells and taking away the wastes which may hinder healing.
The Thermophore Arthritis Pad is more effective than other electric heating pads on the market because it delivers very intense moist heat. Moist heat is especially useful in treating pain caused by muscle spasms from strain and tension. The hot pack, and rest, will gradually relax the muscle in spasm, restoring its normal length and relieving pain.
NO WATER NEEDED. PRODUCES ITS OWN MOISTURE!
The Thermophore Arthritis Pad produces moist heat automatically. Moisture is drawn from humidity in the air and retained in the outer fleece cover. The hot pack produces moisture for 20-30 minutes; after that time, the fleece begins to dry out and the unit should be set aside to regain moisture from the air. The body should be allowed to return to normal temperature and another treatment can be taken in 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Best results are obtained by applying the Thermophore Arthritis Pad to the affected area for a maximum of 30 minutes
- Treatments should not last longer than 30 minutes unless prescribed by a physician
- Timer switch provides 20-minute therapy sessions at the touch of a button. The temperature can be controlled by simply alternating "off" and "on" cyles to maintain the temperature that is most beneficial for your specific requirements
- If needed, the pack may be applied several times a day at two-hour intervals
- Keep area warm after a treatment so that the muscles do not tighten from too-rapid cool down